Senior Front-End Engineer
Vaystays is the premier professional vacation rental marketplace, offering beautiful vacation homes in the best destinations across the globe. Every property listed on Vaystays is individually verified by our team and professionally managed, giving you peace of mind. So all you have to do is kick back and enjoy your vacation, stress free.
- At least seven paid days for major holidays
- 24 additional PTO days per year
- 401k plan
As we are a lean and growing startup, our benefits program is currently light. Aside from what is listed above we do provide office supplies and technology. We do not provide company healthcare at this time. We are actively revisiting these benefits as we grow, so as to best support our team.
About the Position
Vaystays is looking for technical experts in the front end engineering. If you are an expert in modern web technologies, skilled in architecting web applications, and passionate about front-end design patterns, we are looking for you. We create libraries and frameworks, improve the code base by refactoring, updating and removing outdated code, and standardize engineering-wide consistency. But most importantly, we execute large-scope, site-wide projects that have meaningful impact for the business as a whole. As a front end engineer, you will be responsible for delivery of high-velocity, high-performing web experiences that have been thoroughly tested and built to the highest standards of our product team. You will have ownership over large portions of our web experience, and be able to guide our technology direction in a meaningful way.
- Create the next generation of Vaystays UI on a cross-functional and fast-moving team
- Work with our product and UX specialists to turn mockups into features
- Deliver consistently performing UIs, and abstract these into reusable patterns
- Work alongside full-stack developers to create reusable API endpoints
- Assist product and technical leads in project planning and driving technical direction
- Share, mentor, and foster an environment where you and others can grow and share technical knowledge
Skills & Qualifications
- Experience working with service oriented architectures and distributed systems
- Expert in developing complex UIs that leverage RESTful JSON APIs
- High attention to detail in maintaining design integrity throughout the Agile development lifecycle
- Experience using Git in a collaborative setting
- Experience working with cross-functional teams in an Agile environment
- Driving opinions on responsive design techniques, and progressive enhancement
- Experience in building applications and services using Node.js or Ruby/Rails
- Strong written and interpersonal communication skills
To apply, send your résumé and a short note to email@example.com.