Senior Frontend Developer (EU)
At Recordsure we pride ourselves on our development professionalism, using as many modern practices & tools as suit the things we need to build.
Agile practices are our norm, whilst we organise ourselves on Jira, Atlassian and GitHub, keeping in constant daily contact with one-another on Skype.
We love delivering, innovating & collaborating and support each other in our individual learnings and group challenges.
You will work remotely for us, probably from your home in Eastern Europe or the APAC region, and we will do everything possible to make you feel part of the team... including a trip to London once or twice a year.
You will be expected to work 8 hours per weekday. To ensure effective communication with the rest of the team, and also to take part in required agile ceremonies and meetings, your working day must include the hours 10:00 to 14:00 GMT, including during British Summer Time.
About the job
The web portal enables users to access and search records, listen to recordings, perform administration tasks, configure and view reports, view dashboard metrics, and see the results of our speech, semantic analysis and other machine learning system outputs. Some of the features you’ll be building will be straightforward CRUD, while others will involve rich and highly bespoke functionality.
We also have a server side component written in Node.js for performing administrative functions relating to organisations, users, authentication, etc. You must have at least an intermediate level of Node.js experience. We’ll provide you with the support necessary to build your experience to an advanced level if necessary.
Skills & Requirements
You care about quality: not just in the end product, but also in delivering code that other developers can maintain.
You wouldn’t dream of working outside of a continuous integration environment and whilst you’re self-sufficient in the areas you know, you also aren’t afraid to ask for help when you need it.
- Angular.js: strong experience with Angular 1.x.
- Node.js (desirable): intermediate level or better.
- MongoDB (desirable).
- Unit testing: Mocha / Jasmine or similar.
- E2E testing: Protractor.
- Version control: Git.
- Asynchronous coding techniques: callbacks / Promises / the async library.
- HTML5 and CSS3.
- RESTful JSON APIs.
- Refactoring skills: you know how to improve code that is out-of-date and not well maintained when necessary.
- Clean coding and documentation: you write code that is easy for others to understand first and foremost, along with creating good documentation.
- Excellent browser debugging and troubleshooting skills -primarily on desktop browsers, but this may expand to mobile devices should our business requirements change.
- Security ingrained: You know your CAPTCHAs from your SQL injection from your brute force attacks, and how to specify and develop to mitigate them.
- English: not only did you understand this advert, but you could write it too - and more importantly, you can debate your technical solutions with developers and business people around the world.
- Experience with the SASS CSS preprocessor (or even LASS).
- Express and Connect middleware.
- UI / UX skills.
- Experience using Docker and Vagrant.
- OAuth 2.0 APIs and passport.js.
Genuinely the leader in providing face-to-face recording solutions in Financial Services, we have also now started providing solutions to government.
Our new approach to evaluating sales conversations and interviews using Artificial Intelligence is gathering steam - and has enough wow factor to start taking on the $billion companies that provide 'customer contact analytics' - as we have a world class speech, language and data science team and some amazing developers, testers and technical operations experts to wrap it all with product.