Freelance Front-End Developer
John Mcneil Studio
John McNeil Studio is a collective of strategists, writers, designers, filmmakers, technologists, musicians and photographers who help companies tell compelling stories and build brands. We love digital but embrace print. We are founded in aesthetics, but respect utility. We make things that make brands grow.
We’re looking for a freelance front-end developer with 3+ years experience to work alongside our Developer Team to conceive and build interactive experiences.
- Work within multidisciplinary teams of visual designers, UX, motion designers and developers
- Build prototypes to demonstrate and test ideas
- Produce neat, tested, readable and well-documented code
- Work with Photoshop to perform image slicing, resizing, optimization, and other core manipulations
- Experience with HTML5, SASS and popular front-end libraries like Bootstrap and Bulma
- Familiar with Git, NPM, Gulp, and Webpack
- Preferred: experience with JS 3D libraries such as ThreeJS and WebGL
- Preferred: experience with JAM stack technologies such as Jekyll and Hugo
- Calm under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Preferred: candidates with solid design sense and/or artistic backgrounds
This position requires 3+ years experience in a Front End Developer role with examples you can share of your previous work. No phone calls or drop-ins about the job. Due to the number of applicants, we may not be able to respond to each email.