Senior Software Engineer, Frontend (US)
About the Company
From sustainable energy systems to self-driving cars, the innovations of the future will all rely on code. With so much software to write, developers need a better way to access, understand, and collaborate on code.
At Sourcegraph, we are building a better, smarter foundation for software development. One that will enable developers (and the companies that rely on them) to more quickly turn great ideas into groundbreaking technology. Effectively, we want to bring the future sooner.
Check out what we are building for developers and why it matters: https://sourcegraph.com/plan.
About the Team
Our small team consists of talented, mature, collaborative, driven individuals who are attracted to the massive problem we are tackling. We work in an open environment that treats people in a first-class manner and provides them with ownership, responsibility, and autonomy.
Our founders featured on Forbes “30 under 30” 2017: https://text.sourcegraph.com/sourcegraph-founders-featured-on-forbes-30-under-30-list-8ff9c9b6eb45#.weps4istp
About the Role
You will help build Sourcegraph, a multi-tier application (web, CLI, API, data stores, services) written in TypeScript (frontend) and Go (backend). You will have the freedom to creatively tackle various CS challenges while building products that are fundamental to the growth and success of the business. As a senior member of the team, you will help set the technical direction of various projects as well as mentor other team members. As a frontend developer, you will work primarily on TypeScript code which runs in the browser.
- Maintain and extend our fork of Visual Studio Code, which is patched to run in the browser and powers the features on Sourcegraph.com
- Add a "find references" feature to our Chrome extension for GitHub
- Enable other developers to add custom UI features and integrations through the VS Code extension API
- Passion for the craft of software development and good engineering practices
- 5+ years writing client-side web code on a software team with at least 5 other engineers
- Experience leading projects & people, helping mentor junior team members, and contributing to open-source projects
- Experience working on medium-to-large codebases