Senior Frontend Developer
Job Description As a quickly growing and leading all-in-1 software solution for salons we are looking to hire two new developers (both frontend and backend) to extend our team. We're a tight-knit 5 person team.
The tech stack
- A full Ember.js single page app following current best practices and conventions ES6 and SCSS.
- Application is responsive for both desktop and iPad and a simplified version for phones.
- Communicates through JSONAPI with our Ruby on Rails backend.
- Working towards creating a standalone Electron app.
- Unit and acceptance tests using PhantomJS, Mirage & QUnit.
- Some legacy Ember.js v1 pages and traditional Rails pages we’re currently moving over to our new Ember.js app.
How we work
- We closely work with each other and are involved in the full product development lifecycle from idea and design to development and production.
- Continuously ensure that we can focus on what’s important, taking each other's feedback into account is extemely important.
- For development we apply Kanban style development. Continuous delivery of high quality software, no pressure sprints or something.
- Communication through Intercom for support requests, Slack for internal communication, Clubhouse for issue tracking, Github pull-requests for code reviews and of course in person collaboration.
- 5+ years of developer experience.
- Good communication skills and self-organized.
- You love collaborating in a team, and contribute to achieve results together.
- Driven to create high quality and maintainable software backed by automated tests.
Benefits of working at Salonized
- A good salary and secondary benefits
- The space you need to deliver high quality software
- Working in a bootstrapped company not driven by funding pressure
- Be closely involved in the entire process of bringing our product to the next level
- Great working environment with a lot of tech people inside the Hackers & Founders building
- Enthousiastic, passionate and social colleagues
We’re a small 5 person team located in the Hackers & Founders building on the Herengracht in the heart of Amsterdam, where we provide our software services to many salons in the Netherlands and beyond. We’re quickly growing our revenue every month and starting to scale up to bigger clients. Our clients value our support, ease of use and quality very highly, which are also our own biggest priorities. You can see the passion to create a high quality product within each of the team members.
Salonized eliminates the time-consuming and tedious task of scheduling appointments, managing inventory, calling to confirm appointments and sending out reminders. Salonized is designed for all kinds of salons: single person businesses, large businesses with numerous employees and multiple locations, and everything in-between.
Want to join us?
We would like to meet you! Please send your application with CV or LinkedIn profile and short motivation letter attached to email@example.com.