Product Designer - Developer Marketing (US)
GitHub is looking for a new Product Designer to help plan, prototype, and build new features as it relates to developer marketing. Designers at GitHub work closely with product, research, and engineering teams to build and ship new features, measure their impact, and iterate on existing features.
Design is critical to GitHub’s success and has been since day one. Product Designers are involved in the entire product development lifecycle, all the way from defining product strategy to clicking the merge button on pull requests.
- Take abstract ideas and turn them into meaningful and shipped product changes.
- Design focused, approachable features for millions of developers on GitHub.
- Regularly present work and share feedback in design reviews.
- Work with Product Managers, engineers, and researchers to help plan future product changes.
- Examples of strong product and interaction work.
- Communication and writing skills. Our designers explain ideas and share opinions with small teams, the entire company, and the people using our product.
- 2+ years experience building and shipping software.
- Proficiency in HTML and CSS (you should be able to prototype or ship code.)
- Experience with developer-centric tools or in the education market.
- Experience working with user research and data to inform decisions.
- Experience with GitHub and version control.
Who We Are:
GitHub is the best place to share code with friends, co-workers, classmates, and complete strangers. Over fifteen million people use GitHub to build amazing things together. With the collaborative features of GitHub.com and GitHub Business, it has never been easier for individuals and teams to write faster, better code.
What We Value:
Collaboration: We believe the best work is done together.
Empathy: We believe in putting people first.
Quality: We believe in setting the standard for excellence.
Positive Impact: We believe in making the world a better place through our work.
Shipping: We believe in creating things for the people using them.
Why You Should Join:
At GitHub, we constantly strive to create an environment that allows our employees (Hubbers) to do the best work of their lives. We've designed one of the coolest workspaces in San Francisco (HQ), where over half of our Hubbers work, snack, and create daily. The other half of our Hubbers work remotely in 18 countries across the globe.
We are also committed to keeping Hubbers healthy, motivated, focused and creative. We've designed our top-notch benefits program with these goals in mind. In a nutshell, we've built a place where we truly love working, we think you will too.
GitHub is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people of all walks of life. We don't discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there's any way we can make the interview process better for you; we're happy to accommodate!
*Please note that benefits vary by country, if you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask your Recruiter!