Full Stack Front-end Developer (US)
Join us and help revolutionize collectible markets!
We are a software company with a SaaS platform that we license to leading companies within the collectible space. In our three live communities (NASCAR, Model Trains and Action Figures), over 60,000 registered users manage 2M collectible items and have purchased over $10M worth of product on the platform. However – we are just getting started. Our team recently started a new project for Photography / Camera enthusiasts and we are fired up. This will be our biggest project to date.
To help execute on this project, we are seeking a versatile developer (with a particular aptitude for front-end development) that displays leadership qualities and is enthusiastic to tackle new problems as we continue to push the technology forward. If you resonate with the following statements, we look forward to fielding your application:
- Desire to work closely with a talented team of young professionals
- Dedication to constantly improve the product and your skillset
- Commitment to building something great
Importance to our business: Your role is critical to us meeting our goals as a rapidly growing start-up. You will work closely with our lead developer and president to strategize, add functionality to the platform and launch new websites for our partners. You will have the opportunity to become an integral part of the team and grow with us.
- Strong understanding of the concepts behind scalable programming and responsive UX/UI design
- Experience with CSS preprocessing (SASS/SCSS)
- Experience with Node and build processes (Gulp, Grunt, etc.)
- Efficiency with source control (Git)
- Efficiency with Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator) or Sketch
- Comfortability in Python or another scripting language equivalent (Ruby / Perl / Bash)
- Experience working on *NIX environments
- Ability to stay current on the latest methods and technologies in front-end programming
- Self-starting and able to work independently with little supervision
- A strong eye for design
- Familiarity with popular JS frameworks such as jQuery, Angular, React, Backbone, etc.
- Amazon Web Services (EC2, CodeDeploy, RDS, Elasticsearch, etc.)
- RESTful API practices