AngularJS Developer (US)
Dealer Inspire is looking for an experienced front-end developer to join our Online Shopper team. We're always innovating - we're looking for people that can own projects and see them through to delivery - while we want rock stars, we're not interested in prima donnas. Personal responsibility with respect to quality, attention to detail, and contribution of ideas is highly needed to succeed.
Having a new car is awesome -- buying a new car is agonizing. We're building software that makes buying a car from your friendly local dealership faster, less stressful, and more transparent. It's not nebulous "social" software, it's concrete collaborative software that makes a dollars-and-cents difference in most people's 1st or 2nd largest purchase decision.
The team is small and little-a agile. (We try to find the magical balance of “just enough” process to help the team be productive). All of our processes are "remote first" -- we start the day with a video stand-up, then collaborate the rest of the time over Slack, bugs, and pull requests.
We are standing on the shoulders of Open Source giants, from our web servers and languages to our IDEs and build tools. So we give back -- the Online Shopper team has started or contributed to about a dozen Open Source projects, including JsonLogic.com. Every architectural decision strikes a conscious balance between building "secret sauce" where we must, and supporting our community and profession everywhere we can. We think we've created something special here, and if you'd like to be a part of it, we want to hear from you.
Skills & Requirements
We're flexible with learning on the job, with corresponding relevant work experience - but, for this position to be successful we need you to know the following, with a strong self-initiative to learn from others!
Essential Responsibilities (including but not limited to):
- Assist with debugging / development of bug fixes - day-to-day maintenance
- Development of new features under the guidance of more senior team members.
- Function as “project owner” for some new or existing projects, managing initial requirements, feature requests, and long term support.
- Strong Sass/SCSS organizational skills. You have an SCSS compiler preference, and defend it to the death.
- Strong attention to design detail. Matching markup/layout with mockups, and making them better. Knowing when things are off (even by a couple pixels) - and knowing why that impacts the experience negatively.
- Strong unit testing and automated testing experience.
- Diagnosis skills. Ability to dive into a reported problem and figure out why things are happening, and knowing what other factors are contributing.
- Ability to understand customer feedback and correctly diagnose or identify the affected functionality.
- Ability to take specification from the team and translate into working code that follows conventions and overall project structure
- Experience working remotely
- Some PHP - enough to be dangerous and be comfortable working with code from other backend engineers.
- Grunt/Gulp/etc - you'll own the front-end processes for how the code is managed on the browser. We're flexible, but the reasoning needs to be backed by knowledge and understanding.
About Dealer Inspire
Dealer Inspire is an automotive website platform provider located in Naperville, Illinois. We pride ourselves in having a fun, unconventional working environment and a great culture. While our team works extremely hard, we try to keep it a fun and creative work environment. At Dealer Inspire, we like to look at current problems and 'rethink' about solutions. We're flexible - we don't write requirements in stone, and things can change regularly. This means rethinking how the solutions work best. Do you want to come 'rethink' with us?
$70,000 - $110,000 per year based upon skill and previous experience. Motivated and talented individuals may advance quickly in our fast growing company.
- Health and Dental Insurance Plans
- 50% match of your 401 k contributions up to 6% of your gross income
- 10 days paid time off, 4 days of sick/safe leave and selected paid holidays
- Work time/Fun time quarterly team outings
- Coaching and career building
- Subsidized gym membership
- Subsidized internet access for your home