We are looking for an experienced Product Designer to join our team and help craft our product set. This will include our website, mobile applications and plugins. We are looking for designers who are passionate about solving problems and telling product stories. We value designers who like showcasing their experience working across interaction, UI, and visual design.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with product management, engineering and user research to ensure a smooth, data-driven product development process
- Design and prototype elegant and highly useful flows and experiences across multiple media
- Guide the team to develop best practices for ensuring a high caliber of quality
- Contribute to high-level strategic decisions with the rest of the product and executive teams
- Execute in a fast-paced and highly fluid startup environment where thought and initiative are valued
- 5+ years experience building products and features for mobile and desktop (native or web)
- Passion for creating simple products that people use every day
- Humble, hard-working, with an enthusiasm for learning
- Strong portfolio with well-articulated examples of visual design and interaction design across mobile and web applications
- Experience with high-level product strategy
- Ability to empathize with different kinds of users
- Excellent communication skills and attention to detail
- Exceptional organizational and analytical skills
- Proficient in Sketch, Photoshop, Illustrator, or other design tools
- Prior experience in a startup
- Background working in consumer media
- Experience using prototyping tools such as Flinto, InVision, Pixate, FramerJS, etc.
- Experience running and consuming UX research
- Experience with branding and marketing
- Obsession with typography
Working with passionate and awesome folks? Check. Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision insurance? Check. Competitive salary and meaningful equity. Check. Also, we offer a 401k savings plan (with company match!) and an open PTO policy.
We are headquartered in the SOMA area of San Francisco, close to all sorts of public transportation. While we have remote team members, our SF headquarters office is stocked with healthy snacks and creative atmosphere.
Mix’s mission is to connect the curious with the creative, delivering personalized recommendations one click at a time. Mix will provide a modern and elegant way to discover the best content liked by friends and experts, from across the web to your mobile device.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.