React & Redux Developer (US)
Dealer Inspire is looking for an experienced front-end developer to join our Conversations team. We're always innovating - we're looking for people that can own projects and see them through to delivery - while we want rock stars, we're not interested in prima donnas. Personal responsibility with respect to quality, attention to detail, and contribution of ideas is highly needed to succeed.
As a Front-End Product Developer you will be part of a strong remote product and technology team that is building out rich and innovative features for our client facing live-chat product, Conversations. We use React as the main technology. We see it as important to not only deliver a great user experience, but also write high-quality code that is performant, testable, and pleasant to work with for your peers.
Skills & Requirements
We're flexible with learning on the job, with corresponding relevant work experience - but, for this position to be successful we need you to know the following, with a strong self-initiative to learn from others!
Essential Responsibilities (including but not limited to):
- Assist with debugging / development of bug fixes - day-to-day maintenance
- Development of new features under the guidance of more senior team members.
- Function as “project owner” for some new or existing projects, managing initial requirements, feature requests, and long term support.
- 1+ years experience with front-end technologies such as React, Redux, and Webpack.
- Mastery of HTML and CSS/SASS/Styled Components
- Git version control
- Experience with testing frameworks like karma, mocha, or jest
- Strong attention to design detail. Matching markup/layout with mockups, and making them better. Knowing when things are off (even by a couple pixels) - and knowing why that impacts the experience negatively.
- Strong communication skills.
- Cooperate in a team environment where you can learn from your peers and they can learn from you.
- Learn constantly about new technology, challenges and lessons from your mistakes.
- Intuition and passion for good user experience
- Ability to understand customer feedback and correctly diagnose or identify the affected functionality.
- Ability to take specification from the team and translate into working code that follows conventions and overall project structure
- Experience working remotely
- Familiar with functional programming
- Performance debugging and benchmarking
- High sensibility to UI design and UX
- Some PHP or Node - enough to be dangerous and be comfortable working with code from other backend engineers.
About Dealer Inspire
Dealer Inspire is an automotive website platform provider located in Naperville, Illinois. We pride ourselves in having a fun, unconventional working environment and a great culture. While our team works extremely hard, we try to keep it a fun and creative work environment. At Dealer Inspire, we like to look at current problems and 'rethink' about solutions. We're flexible - we don't write requirements in stone, and things can change regularly. This means rethinking how the solutions work best. Do you want to come 'rethink' with us?
$45,000 - $80,000 per year based upon skill and previous experience. Motivated and talented individuals may advance quickly in our fast growing company.
- Health and Dental Insurance Plans
- 50% match of your 401 k contributions up to 6% of your gross income
- 10 days paid time off, 4 days of sick/safe leave and selected paid holidays
- Work time/Fun time quarterly team outings
- Coaching and career building
- Subsidized gym membership
- Subsidized internet access for your home