Senior Front End Developer
You will be working with a stellar team of developers and data scientists to create new and exciting applications and experiences. We’re looking for as strong Senior Front End Developer interested in creating rich web experiences on a massive scale, and doing so in a fast-moving, collaborative environment. As part part of the Mix team, you will be expected to work with a cross functional team to improve our existing Node.js application and help steer the direction of the site’s front-end code.
- Implement features with designers and other developers
- Build highly visual and dynamic web pages for a variety of form factors
- Help with APIs needed by our mobile team
- 3+ years experience working with Node.js
- Familiarity with Express.js
- Ability to write fast, well performing client-side code
- 3+ years experience with CSS frameworks such as SASS and LESS
- Worked on consumer products in a fast-paced, collaborative environment
- Strong design focus and history of working with product designers and managers
- Dealt with restructuring an existing large, existing application code base as well as greenfield development
- Familiarity with continuous integration and deployment
- Basic knowledge of SQL and non-relational data stores like Redis, MongoDB, etc.
- Experience with OO languages like Ruby, Python or Java
- Experience with Angular or React
- Active open-source contributions
- Experience with browser integrations and extensions
- Creative thinker and self-starter
Working with passionate and awesome folks? Check. Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision insurance? Check. Competitive salary and meaningful equity. Check. Also, we offer a 401k savings plan (with company match!) and an open PTO policy.
Mix’s mission is to connect the curious with the creative, delivering personalized recommendations one click at a time. Mix will provide a modern and elegant way to discover the best content liked by friends and experts, from across the web to your mobile device.
We are located in the SOMA area of San Francisco, close to all sorts of public transportation. While we have remote team members, our SF headquarters office is stocked with healthy snacks and creative atmosphere.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.