Frontend Engineer (US)
MapD is world’s fastest open source database and visual analytics platform, harnessing the parallel processing power and and high memory bandwidth of GPUs to deliver query results in milliseconds. The company recently closed a $25M Series B led by NEA; other investors include Nvidia, GV, In-Q-Tel, Verizon Ventures and Vanedge Capital. Since launching the product in 2016, MapD has been recognized as a Gartner Cool Vendor and a Top Ten Coolest Big Data Startups by CRN. Summary of responsibilities and qualifications for the Frontend Engineer:
- Build out features on the Immerse data visualization platform
- Create and maintain various Frontend API layers
- Write unit and end to end tests for all components worked on
- Write performant and reusable code
- 2+ years of developing large scale single-page applications in JS
- Knowledge of SQL
- Interest and enthusiasm for beautiful, highly interactive visualization
- Experience working in production with React and Redux
- Experience with build and testing tools like Webpack, Yarn, Mocha, Chai, Enzyme, etc.
- Knowledge of visual analytic frameworks such as d3 or dc.js
- Familiarity with one or more of user experience/design, geospatial, or API design
- SF Bay Area or remote location for well-qualified candidates
Unsolicited Resumes: MapD will not pay a fee to any employment agency or third party for the referral of candidates for this open position unless the agency or third party has signed a formal agreement by an authorized member of our Executive team. Unsolicited resumes from employment agencies or third parties of any kind will become the property of MapD and will be considered gratuitous, no-fee referrals.