UI & UX Designer
The Foundry Visionmongers Limited
Foundry is not just a technology maker or a software seller; we are here to empower artists and designers across the world by enhancing their creative potential. We seek to create a world where people can continually raise their creative potential and to champion creative people by developing tools, technologies and processes that empower them to bring their ideas to life, more quickly and effectively.
We believe in:
- Constantly challenging
- Always being approachable
- Committed partners
- Endless enthusiasm!
Our technology portfolio is as creative as it is technical, packed full of ground-breaking, award-winning techy goodness that will have even the most demanding organization salivating!
We are a little bit proud of what we achieve at Foundry and want to take you on our journey with us.
Jia™ is a focused solution for designing shoes and other soft goods that offers a powerful combination of award-winning 3D technology and familiar 2D raster and vector drawing tools.
Instead of forcing designers to adopt a technically complex 3D paradigm, Jia embraces their existing 2D skillsets and empowers them to create more designs in less time, to experiment more freely, and to easily and accurately communicate their intent both to internal stakeholders and to manufacturing.
- Deliver high quality, innovative, interactive and responsive designs for software applications
- Responsible for the user interface design including the production of graphic elements, in-app iconography, mock-ups and application assets UI/UX Designer - Jia
- Work with brand and marketing teams to create and implement brand guidelines for each product
- Co-ordinate and collaborate with other UI designers at the Foundry
- Ensure consistent aesthetics across products
- Work alongside engineers to improve speed
- Support with designs for A/B and usability testing to improve user experience
- Keep abreast of new technology, design trends and emerging UI patterns
- Informed and practical consideration of desktop, mobile, touch and responsive design to enhance brand experiences
- Aware of trends/new ideas and share best practices for style guidelines
- Development of technical skills to stay abreast of technology changes
- Support UX and accessibility improvements
- Maintain and foster close internal partnerships with Product Managers, Engineering, Creative Specialists, Analytics
- Understand the end-user by collaborating with enterprise-level customers, designing and testing solutions alongside industry experts
- Work with Product Managers to set requirements and translate them into concepts and thoughtful interface designs ready for build
- Populate user stories, storyboards and prototypes
- Promote design thinking and advocate best practice for the Foundry
- Advocate high quality design and implement considered solutions by championing an internal design committee
- Work closely with the engineers to integrate dynamic solutions
- Create and oversee striking visual designs across our platforms and products
- Simplify complex interaction problems and champion a user-centred design methodology
- High level of competency with relevant creative tools
- Research and recommend prototyping and wireframing tools
- Experience designing for multiple platforms, both with responsive + adaptive design
- Keen design aesthetic with ability to establish visual hierarchy, layout, typography and colour effectively
- Agile development experience
- Previous experience working with Jia
- Proficient knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite
- Working knowledge of the web presentation technologies; HTML and CSS
- Highly organised with the capability to multi-task and prioritise to meet tight deadlines UI/UX Designer - Jia
- A passion for emerging technologies and all things interactive. Able to identify and rationalise suitable opportunities to explore further
- Effectively communicates with all stakeholders to evolve, design and capture the objectives and agreed approaches
- Ability to work at a global level and manage a diverse group of stakeholders across the Foundry’s international offices
- Enjoy working in a close, communicative team
- Highly organised with the capability to multi-task and prioritise to meet tight deadlines
- Resourceful and proactive in solving problems and recommending solutions
- Enthusiastic, self-confident and self-motivated
- Willing to adapt and take on new challenges and driven to continually improve
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- BA/BSc degree in Design or equivalent practical experience
- Graphic Design experience is essential
If you meet the criteria, are eligible to work and are interested, please send your covering letter, CV, salary expectations and notice period with the subject “UI/UX Designer - Jia”.
More About Us
Foundry designs creative software technologies used to deliver remarkable visual effects and 3D content for the design, visualisation and entertainment industries. Foundry’s software advances the art and technology of visual experience in partnership with creative leaders across the globe. It enables clients like Pixar, Mercedes-Benz, Google, ILM, Weta Digital, Blizzard, The Moving Picture Company and Sony Pictures Imageworks to turn incredible ideas into reality by solving complex creative challenges. The company was founded in 1996 and is headquartered in London, with 300 staff based across offices in Silicon Valley, Los Angeles, Shanghai, Austin and the UK. Foundry consistently invests in R&D to provide more efficient ways for its clients to bring visual concepts to life.
In 2015, the London Stock Exchange named Foundry one of its “1000 Companies to Inspire Britain.” It regularly features in The Sunday Times’ Tech Track as one of Britain’s fastest-growing private technology companies, most recently in 2016 when it also won the Excellence in Service Award at the International Track 200 awards. Every single film UI/UX Designer - Jia nominated for the Academy Award for Best Visual Effects in the last five years was made using Foundry’s software.