UX & UI Designer
Slock.it is an innovative, award-winning German startup in a unique position to be able to scale rapidly. Using blockchain technology, we connect any object as part of one global, Universal Sharing Network to make it simple to rent, sell and share unused assets. We also have helped countless companies integrate our technology expertise within their products, giving them a definitive competitive advantage in the Machine to Machine economy.
We are looking for a UX/UI Designer to define, maintain and update the interfaces for our global, Universal Sharing Network. Your primary focus will be to design complete user journeys as part of our core Slock.it mobile Application, but also our branding, core online properties and infographics. Your main duties will include the delivery of finalized asset maps including sprites, backgrounds and animations mockups alongside their customized UX and UI elements.
Location: Remote (International)
Travel: Minimal (5%)
Work hours: Standard
Start date: ASAP
- Design, build and deliver all assets relating to the Slock.it mobile Application
- Collaborating with business development, product management and engineering to define and implement innovative solutions for the product direction, visuals and experience
- Understanding the application’s various users and representing their needs in product development
- Executing all visual design stages from concept to final hand-off to engineering
- Conceptualizing original ideas that bring simplicity and user friendliness to complex design patterns
- Creative development of branding, logo and identity design of the Slock.it online and offline collaterals
- Research and adopt new standards and technologies as they become available
- Demonstrable UI/UX design skills with a strong portfolio
- Proven UX experience in creating wireframes, storyboards, user flows, process flows and final comps.
- Proficiency in Photoshop, Illustrator or any other equivalent bitmap and vector-based editing suite
- An ability to present your designs and sell your solutions to various stakeholders
- A holistic understanding of the full stack development, i.e. an understanding of what’s possible to deliver experience-wise on today’s hardware.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills - fluency in English is a must
- You enjoy being part of a very rapidly growing team
- You don’t mind wearing multiple hats - this could be challenging for candidates that come from a large corporate background where staff are assigned single tasks
- You are ready to flexibly react to changes in the company’s short-term strategy while keeping a focus on the long-term goal to build the Slock.it flagship application