React Frontend Developer (EU)
The team at Kodify is looking for a talented Frontend Web Developer to join our remote team and bring new dynamic on board. This specific role is open to remote candidates based in Europe (a must for us). With you on board, we’re looking to expand our team (currently 7 developers working across multiple European locations) and take our projects to a whole new level.
Your key responsibilities:
- Your will implement frontend designs and changes into our applications and work closely with the development team to ensure functionality is always met.
- Your collaboration with our designers means our UI & UX are flawless.
- You will ensure the business requirements are met and will actively advise us on possible features and technologies that could improve our applications.
- You’re a real team player. You love to help and find solutions together.
- Your sense of humour will bring a new dynamic to the team - you love to have fun while you work!
- You can think on your feet and adapt well to fast changing environments and priorities.
- You love analysing data. You’re a complexity thinker and a real problem solver.
- You’re flexible and available when needed. You understand emergency calls can be part of the job and are aware of the challenges supporting a 24/7 environment.
- You stay updated on industry developments and strive to improve our platform with innovative solutions
- You are passionate about software development
Skills & requirements
- 3+ years of experience in frontend web development
- Heavy duty use of React
- Highly skilled in both HTML & CSS
- Knowledge of browser internal rendering process
- Experience in optimising frontend performance
- Experience with image optimisation and lossless compression
- TDD & BDD, and a focus on code quality
- Experience with both desktop and mobile development
- Experience working remotely and with remote teams
- Experience in creating design systems, style-guides, etc.
- Knowledge and experience in Git and JIRA
- Experience managing high traffic and content heavy websites.
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process
- Functional CSS
- CDNs/cache (cloudflare, cloudfront...)
Kodify just passed its 5th year anniversary but we're based on years of success, building and managing high-traffic websites. We have grown our websites to 6M visitors per day which comes with a challenging set of technical problems to overcome. Our success is down to Kodify’s teamwork, where each one of us plays a key role in getting us one step closer to our goals. All of this doesn’t happen without a healthy portion of fun & perks! From company BBQs on our fantastic terrace, to yearly company off-sites, we make sure sure to live by our motto “Work Hard, Play Harder” and balance it all out! It’s our goal to create one of the best working environments possible which allows everyone to grow and achieve their maximum potential with their individual skill sets.
What’s on offer:
- Core hours with flexitime: work when you’re at your most creative!
- Training and development budget and free days to attend training/conferences/etc.
- Latest tech equipment: choose whatever boosts your productivity!
- Agile environment
- 10% time for personal projects
- Free afternoons on Fridays
- Company Amazon book account
- Half Day off on your Birthday
- Awesome offices and locations: Barcelona, Altea and Montreal!
- Kodify off-sites, events and team activities!
- Unique Kodify culture!