Senior Frontend Engineer
About this job
Job type: Contract
Experience level: Senior
Role: Frontend Developer
Industry: Banking, Bitcoin, Cryptocurrency
Company size: 51-200 people
Company type: Private
Xapo is a leading bitcoin wallet, and we have a mission to bring bitcoin to the everyday lives of people across the world.
Our business is growing fast, and we want to make sure we can keep providing the best quality support to our customers. We're known for our fast responses to users, positive attitude, and a real desire to find the best working solutions to the people who chose to use Xapo's products and services.
Main skills for this role:
As a member of our front-end engineering team, you'll have the opportunity to enhance our user's experience by proposing and implementing improvements and new features in a variety of apps.
You will work with highly challenging problems like: high availability, problem diagnose, technology tradeoffs and product design.
As part of a successful growing startup, you will be involved in the whole product development flow, and your voice will be heard!
How do we work?
The team is currently small, so you will have full autonomy and we expect you to be proactive, resolve issues and ship new products and features at high speed.
Although we work remotely, we build our product together, and we make decisions as a team. Being a small team, we are able to move fast and change directions quickly if need be.
Requirements for this role:
- 5+ years of experience in software development
- 3+ years of experience in web development
- Strong communication skills, a positive attitude, and empathy
- Strong web technology knowledge.
- Strong JS knowledge and experience in single page apps
- HTTPS, DNS, AJAX, CORS, cookies and caching.
- Knowledge on a server side language of choice. Python or NodeJS are prefered.
- Problem diagnostic skills.
- Autonomy skills.
- Passion for end-user web applications design.
- Focus on testing.
- Ability to communicate both written and spoken in English.
We value although it's not mandatory, knowledge in:
- Amazon Web Services
- Agile methodologies
- Design patterns
- Unit testing, integration testing, test driven development
- Security assessments
- Attractive compensation highly competitive!
- Stock Options Grant
- Flexible working hours
- Remote job / working from wherever you want!
- To join a successful startup Company growing passably