Senior Product Designer
We’re looking for a Senior Product Designer with strong experience in UI, UX and designing for the web and mobile. Dynamo is a global performance marketing platform and advertising technology product business powered by ground breaking deep learning. We support the customer acquisition efforts for some of the brands you already know and love, and some that are quickly coming up.
We’re 5 years young, employ the latest innovations in technology to solve challenging problems in the pursuit of profitable customer acquisition. 80% of our team are remote and spread globally. Tools like Slack and Asana keep us all working together.
Our business is split into two categories - Dynamo’s customer acquisition business and our product development business. We’ve been learning a lot on external design resource but due to significant and sustained growth its time to build a strong and focused internal team.
Working closely with the Dynamo team you will be heading up design efforts. The role is split between Dynamo’s production studio and servicing our internal product requirements.
A typically set of projects might look like:
- Landing pages, conversion funnels and brand marketing sites
- Ecommerce experiences
- Mobile applications
- Email templates and design requirements for specific cohorts of email activity
- Facebook, display and native ad creative (strong copy support for you here)
- General ad hoc asset creation when required
This is not a typical high volume agency based role where you’ll be working on 10 briefs at a time. You’re often deeply integrated into a small handful of focused projects at any given time. Often you are the design pro in the relationship with our customers and they look at you for the right advice to guide how, when and where design supports commercial goals. You're supported by strong account management support so you can focus on your remit.
At this time you’ll be concentrated to one, possibly two of Dynamo's product initiatives. These are adtech products. We’ll bring you across the finer when we speak.
- Create highly crafted visual and UX design deliverables, including interface designs, wireframes, product concepts and prototypes where required.
- Lead the development of UI design systems including establishing consistent UX patterns and standards for the product.
- Conducting user flow analysis. Brainstorm and prototyping ways to increase product efficiency, adoption and retention.
- Designing flows and experiences that are simple, elegant, and beautiful. Often a challenge in our space given the multitude of moving parts and complexity.
- Contribute to the overall growth and culture of the product design team.
We don’t expect you to be great at everything so we’ll supplement you with additional and/or specialised design support as and when it’s required.
Skills and Experience
- Ability to work across different functions of design from marketing asset creation through to product UI/UX. Your portfolio should demonstrate this.
- You’re always on the bleeding edge of where design is and where it’s immediate future is heading. You can quickly adapt and adjust in line with changes in design when it makes sense.
- Ideally Sketch is your tool of choice but if you’re a photoshop kinda person thats ok too. Experience with Atomic, Invision, Flinto, Webflow, AfterEffects would also be great.
- Ability to prototype a plus.
- If you have an experience with motion that would be awesome, however very much not essential.
- Ideally you have an idea about conversion centered design or the willingness to learn.
- Ideally you can be client facing and are comfortable working with our customers directly. Again you’re supported here by a team of Business Managers.
- Team getaways to some of the most beautiful locations on earth
- We offer a flexible schedule and an open vacation policy
- Equity in the company - everyone has a stake in our future
- All the kit you need
- We understand the value of your passions and interests and what they mean for your personal growth and your contribution to Dynamo. You can spend up to 20% of your company time to work on your side projects, interests or bringing something new to Dynamo's products.
To say that this role is important to us is an understatement. We’re a team who are incredible conscious about good design but in a practical way which won't see you forced into dealing with HiPPO or throwing away time on things that just don’t matter.
We’re a flat reporting structure and don’t really believe in excessive hierarchy. We’re all accountable for our unified goals. Having said when you need to sense check or chat through any of the practicalities that’s all clear and easy to understand.
Your compensation package will align with your skill and expertise. You’ll need to have a portfolio featuring examples of your design work. Kindly note applications without portfolios will not be considered.