Trefis provides a new breed of fundamental analysis and visualization tools to retail and institutional investors.
We started a few years ago with a team of three, but have grown rapidly and now count consulting firms, top 5 banks, and Fortune 500 companies as our customers. Yet we are only getting started towards our goal of monetizing a $30B+ market. Executed properly, our product will be hugely disruptive to the investment banking industry.
This is an exciting time for our business, so if you're looking to make a ton of impact working with a small team, we want to hear from you.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are looking for someone to play a key role in developing front end data visualization software, utilizing React Redux and Highcharts.JS software. The role will touch all aspects of the product lifecycle, from working with stakeholders, to rapidly developing final products.
We value someone who:
- Understands the fundamentals and the tradeoff between various frontend frameworks
- Can quickly move from design concepts to implementation in both Greenfield projects as well as understanding the Object Oriented nature of our more mature platforms
- Excels in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment, where quick iterations are valued
- Takes pride in quality architecture and well structured extensible code
The ideal candidate has the following skills:
- Strong understanding of Objects, Arrays and comfort with large, complex Data structures
- Intimate knowledge of HTML5 and CSS3, with the ability to find solutions for less compliant browsers
- Strong understanding of object oriented and functional programming paradigms
- Desire to plan out and build a test driven front end
- Ability to work efficiently with Git
- A good eye for usability and design aesthetics
Boston/Telecommute. We have an office in Boston, but the majority of the team works remotely from all over the U.S. and Canada.
Competitive base salary, strong equity upside, benefits, and progressive vacation policies