Particle is hiring an experienced front-end developer to build amazing interfaces that simplify the creation, roll-out and management of internet-connected hardware products.
From writing firmware code in your browser, to updating thousands of devices over-the-air, or easily sending massive streams of telemetry data to 3rd party services, great interfaces are a major reason why Particle has the largest developer community in the Internet of Things (IoT) with over 120,000 engineers and hundreds of companies building IoT products on our platform.
As a front-end engineer at Particle, you will work with a global technical team to create the next generation of web applications to meet the needs of our rapidly growing customer base. You will build developer tools that make it easy to bring a connected product to market, in addition to management interfaces that allow enterprise customers to monitor & control devices in the field. Are you hungry to learn back-end skills? You will also have opportunities to work on the services and APIs that your front-end apps interact with.
Are you creative, curious, and analytical? Do you have strong empathy for customers and a passion for user experience? Do you bias toward shipping and delivering value to customers quickly and iterating over time? If so, join our team! Particle is a fast-growing startup in a young and evolving industry, so you should be self-driven and comfortable with uncertainty. You should love overcoming challenges and solving problems for customers.
Some of the applications you may work on include:
- The Web IDE (https://build.particle.io) for programming IoT devices.
- The Console (https://console.particle.io) for managing the fleet of devices in an IoT product.
- Web Setup (https://setup.particle.io) for connecting user devices to the Internet.
- Create and improve front-end interfaces and tools used by Particle customers
- Work with existing code bases to increase developer happiness by improving the design of the code and the tooling
- Collaborate with product managers and designers to sketch out new features and translate mockups into working front-end applications
- Collect user activity metrics, run A/B tests on UI and act upon results
- 2+ years experience as a professional front-end engineer
- Degree in computer science, or equivalent work experience
- Experience working with Ember and/or React. Most of our front-end applications use these frameworks
- Experience writing and maintaining front-end automated tests
- You are comfortable working as part of a distributed team with many remote colleagues
- Very strong communication skills
- Strong design and user experience acumen
- Experience with long-term maintenance of large, mature code bases
- Experience improving responsiveness and minimizing page load times
- Located in or willing to relocate to San Francisco
Working at Particle
- Competitive health, dental, and vision benefits
- Stock options
- Flexible and open vacation policy
- Work from home and remote work supported and encouraged
- Cell phone bill allowance
- Commuter/telecommuter allowances
- Generous parental leave policy
- Work with an unbelievably talented and close-knit team
Particle is the most widely-used Internet of Things (IoT) platform. We've built the largest community of developers and engineers in the industry, and we've shipped hundreds of thousands of development kits to 170 countries. Hundreds of IoT products, from smart home appliances to industrial equipment, are being built on Particle's platform. We are committed to making it easy for anyone to get their products online, and we support product creators of any size — from Fortune 500s to blossoming entrepreneurs.
We are inspired by our mission of enabling the next technological revolution, and by the incredible products that people build on our platform. We also support our Particle family and community by embracing our core values of caring, curiosity, openness, joy, and trust.
Everyone is welcome at Particle. We are an equal opportunity employer who values diversity and inclusion and look for applicants who understand, embrace and thrive in a multicultural world. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Pursuant to the SF Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider employment for qualified applicants with arrests and conviction records.