Senior UX & Visual Designer (US)
DockYard is looking for a great designer to join our team.
The ideal candidate is someone who:
- Can demonstrate a strong user-centric approach to their work
- Has been part of the user research process in the past
- Has previous client services experience
- Shows strength in typography, color, and information layout
- Has experience and is comfortable working remotely
We value diversity and strongly encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply.
More about the job
We’re a design-driven software consultancy. We make web applications, focusing on Progressive Web Apps. Our projects can last between 2-3 weeks and several months. Many of our client projects are “greenfield”, so you’ll have the opportunity to define the core concepts that will have impact throughout the application and be built upon as the product grows.
Our designers work with the most innovative clients in the industry, and provide design leadership in collaboration with DockYard’s Engineering team. Designers don’t code their own HTML/CSS, but a familiarity with how the web is built is a big plus.
This is a position in Boston, MA – but we will consider US-based remote for the right candidate. Some flexibility to travel is expected.
Because designers start projects and communicate directly with clients and the rest of the team each day, we value writing and communication skills. We also help you develop these skills, and grow professionally in other ways: a conference / education budget, DockYard Friday projects, and internal training are all part of the deal.
- Work directly with clients
- Gather project requirements from various stakeholders
- Create visual assets to support product discovery: from rough sketches to user flows to wireframes
- Create polished visual design layouts
- Collaborate with HTML/CSS engineers to ensure quality and implementability
If this working style interests you, we’d love to hear from you! Individual applications only, please: we do not work with recruiters and aren’t looking to outsource work.