UI & UX Designer
We Make Change
We Make Change is a bit different from most startups – our mission is to give people the power to change the world. We do this by connecting people with the charities supporting the causes they care about. This is an exciting time for the organisation as we are currently building an online platform that will enable people to support the causes they care about wherever they are in the world. By joining We Make Change you will have the chance to play a key role in designing the platform that will change the world for the better. As we are a not-for-profit tech startup, we are currently only able to offer this as an unpaid voluntary role, but there may be the prospect of a paid role in the future. However, this role requires a minimum of just 8 hours per week and offers the chance to use your skills to change the world for the better.
We are looking for a talented UI/UX Designer to design and build amazing user experiences and interfaces for our web-based platform. The ideal candidate should have an eye for clean and intuitive design, possess superior UI skills, and the ability to translate requirements into interaction flows and transform them into beautiful, intuitive, and functional user interfaces.
The UI/UX Designer should have a solid understanding of design principles, modern/intuitive user interfaces and should stay up to date on modern design standards and trends. The UI/UX Designer should be able to streamline different processes into an ultra-user friendly, clean, and modern format that is intuitive and attractive.
- Research and implement intuitive UI design for the online platform we are developing.
- Create wireframes, storyboards, mockups, and interactive prototypes to effectively communicate interaction and design ideas
- Develop UX flows, end-to-end user experiences, and UI specifications
- Create, organize, and update design style guide for web and potentially mobile applications
- Define a consistent UI design framework across product platforms
- Participate in product, platform, and technology discussions
- Execute all visual design stages from concept to final hand-off to engineering
- Conceptualize original ideas that bring simplicity and user friendliness to complex design roadblocks
- Work side by side with developers to implement new UI features
- Perform other duties and projects as assigned
- At least 2 years of UI/UX design is essential
- Photoshop, Illustrator, and other visual design, interactive, or wire-framing tools
- Design experience for web and mobile applications (Android and iOS)
- Ability to solve problems creatively and effectively
- Up-to-date with the latest UI trends, techniques, and technologies
- Ability to rely on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals
- Strong knowledge of usability patterns, best practices, and interface design
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Extreme attention to detail
- Excellent teamwork and communication skills
We expect the time commitment to be at least 8 hours a week, although this will vary depending on the activity of the organisation at different times. The role is unpaid with the prospect of a paid role in the future, while offering the chance to use your skills to change the world for the better! We are based in London, but as the role will be performed remotely we welcome applicants from across the UK and even abroad!
If you have a passion for making a difference in the world, then please apply. This could be the most important work that you ever have the opportunity to do!