Freelance Front-End Engineer (US)
Try new things. Influence processes. Do work you can be proud of. Be a Freelance Front-End Engineer at Fluid!
At Fluid we work to live, not live to work. Taking risks and doing new things is core to what we do. We think great ideas can come from anyone, regardless of role or level. You are not defined by your job description. We are a team of generalists and value flexibility and adaptability. If you want to partner with high-profile brands and directly impact a product, then this is the place for you. Most importantly, if you believe that the people make a great company, then this is definitely the place for you!
As a Freelance Front-End Engineer you'll play a key role in Fluid’s eCommerce implementations for top tier US and global brands. The work that you do will win awards and will be enjoyed by millions of online shoppers around the world. This role can be 100% remote, though ideally based in our New York office.
You will be working in a highly innovative and collaborative environment with a best in class team of interaction designers, visual designers, strategists and engineers. You will be a top notch hands on coder with a front-end specialization and .NET experience.
You will be working with a talented team of engineers, designers, QA, and project/ account managers. Egos are not part of our culture. We support each other while having fun and getting $h*t done. Individuals are self-motivated, proactive and action-based. We take pride in the work we do and the solutions we provide our customers.
- Collaborate with Project Managers and Design Teams to lead and support effective technical delivery of client projects.
- Write great code; and collaborate with peers engineers to solve technical problems.
- Evaluate the technical viability of commercial tools and products for use as possible elements in an overall application.
- Champion high quality testing, documentation and code management practices.
- 3+ years experience developing high-performance and scalable websites
- Expert knowledge in crafting production grade, semantic markup (HTML5)
- Wizard in delivering elegant CSS3 solutions and optimizing using Sass/Compass
- Experience with setup and configuration of scaffolding, automation and/or dependency management tools (e.g. Yeoman, Bower, Grunt, etc…)
- Hands-on experience developing Responsive and/or Adaptive web design implementations
- In-depth understanding of Git version control and demonstrated ability of incorporating Git into a development workflow
- General knowledge of the full technology stack used by web applications
- Strong interpersonal, team building, organizational and motivational skills are a must
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal with strong presentation skills
- Bachelors degree or equivalent work experience
- Knowledge of best practice visual and interaction design concepts and related creative processes.
Fluid delivers award-winning customized digital solutions by transforming global businesses through innovative customer experience. Our work for world-class customers like The North Face, Fender, Michael Kors, Puma, Vans and many others spans consumer experiences across the web, social and mobile. Brands and retailers tap our unique combination of strategic consulting, design, development services to delight and engage today’s digitally savvy consumers, while building engagement, increasing brand loyalty and driving conversions.
Fluid is based in both New York and Oakland. This position may be based in New York or 100% remote within the U.S.
How to Apply:
Please submit your resume to http://www.fluid.com/careers. We will review submissions and contact you if there is a suitable match.
Fluid does not accept resumes from independent recruiters or persons other than the applicant via Fluid.com. Fluid therefore does not recognize any claim for recruiting, referral or any other fees arising out of applicants engaged or hired by Fluid with respect to resumes received via Fluid.com. By submitting a resume to Fluid via Fluid.com, you acknowledge that you are aware of Fluid’s policy and unconditionally waive any and all recruiting, referral or any other fees based on such submission.