Product Designer (US)
We’re looking for a savvy product designer to join the Product Team at Trello. Your work will have an impact on how millions of people all over the world collaborate and organize their lives.
Design is baked into our DNA. We believe that great design is more than simply a beautiful interface, but extends into the design of the product and the business itself.
As a Product Designer at Trello, you'll be responsible for designing usable and delightful interfaces and interactions. After working closely with product managers and other team members to define the approach, you'll own the execution of the experience from crafting mockups, to building prototypes, to working with engineers on polishing the final product. You'll design scalable interface systems, and obsess over the details that take a product from good, to great, to exceptional.
- Design clear, elegant user flows and interfaces that make the complex simple
- Build and test product prototypes as needed
- Collaborate with product managers, engineers, and other designers
- Iterate on designs based on team and user feedback, and data
- Evangelize for exceptional design across the company
- Do your best work in a fun, respectful, supportive and unpressured environment
- A passion for exploring and solving complex problems through design
- A diverse portfolio that shows good aesthetic judgment and attention to detail as well as excellent use of typography, color, and imagery
- Familiarity with the nuances of designing for multiple platforms and devices
- The ability to learn quickly and give, seek and receive thoughtful critical feedback
- Experience working effectively in small teams as well as autonomously
- Experience or interest in design research and usability studies
- Experience or interest in prototyping with design tools or code
- An analytical mindset but you recognize that you can't A/B test your way to innovation
- UI copy writing skills
- Motion graphics or UI animation skills
- Data visualization skills
- Design sprint or meeting facilitation skills
- SaaS or Ecommerce design expertise
- Familiarity with GitHub, React or CoffeeScript
- Previous experience collaborating with a remote team
More About Us…
Our distributed team consists of talented and passionate designers, developers, and product managers. We created Trello to be a remarkably great place to work.
We welcome all applicants regardless of race, color, ethnicity, actual or perceived sexual identity, gender identity, gender expression, economic status, ability, disability, religious beliefs or disbeliefs, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, marital status, parental status, or caregiver status.
How to Apply…
To give us a better sense of how you think about design, please include a link to your portfolio, and in your cover letter, please answer the following two questions:
- What is an app that you think exhibits good visual design, but has a poor user experience and why?
- What is an app that you think exhibits a good user experience, but has poor visual design and why?