UI & UX Designer (east coast time zone)
Smart Source Technologies
This position is open to remote candidates but they MUST work on an East Coast Time Zone schedule.
***Would HIGHLY prefer candidates in the Denver area that are open to working the EST zone work schedule.
*** Please list your candidate's location in the submittal notes.
5+ years of user interface or web design experience with at least 3 years of experience designing and implementing highly interactive and marketable business-oriented websites or web applications.
Ability to review existing nopCommerce framework installation and understand and work with themes, styles and page structures.
Experience with tools such as Adobe Creative Suite. Experience with HTML5, CSS3, Microsoft .NET technologies and jQuery. Experience with Agile methodologies are a plus.
Knowledge of a user-centered design process including identifying user and business goals, analysis of user flows, creating wire frames, and usability testing is a plus. Experience in business analysis and requirements gathering a plus.
- Excellent CSS edit skills working from existing CSS files and editing them to reflect a new style
- Excellent graphic design skills to be able to create/modify images to work in the designs as well as working with and implementing corporate brand standards.
- Ability to interpret the abstract business and user requirements into an actual design and then code this into HTML and CSS.
- Ability to review HTML and CSS and see what elements need to be added with a minimalist approach to ensure we don’t make a lot of changes to the code
- Experience with e-commerce required. Deep functional knowledge in one or more of the following areas a plus: Content Management Systems (CMS), e-commerce websites and HR software. nopCommerce or similar e-commerce framework experience a strong plus.
All submittals are required to have the following questions to be answered by the candidate and pasted on the resume.
This role may require an amount of remote working from key stakeholders. Provide examples of how you have been successful in eliciting clear problem understanding while working remote from key stakeholders? Provide examples of how you ensure you have clear problem understanding. Describe from a high-level, what are the major steps you follow to solve a design problem and why. Describe a situation where you have had a disagreement with a key stakeholder over a problem or solution. What action(s) did you take, and what was the outcome? What is more important, your solution or a solution fellow team members or stakeholders imagine? How do you ensure you have the right design solution?
About Smart Source Technologies Inc
Since 1999 Smart Source Technologies Inc. has been providing technical staffing solutions to companies of all sizes and industries. Whether it is one of the largest banks in the United States, one of the country’s biggest urban universities, a two-year old New York City website design firm, or a one-person start-up social platform website, Smart Source Technologies has the expertise to find the right IT worker for any workplace. In fact, Smart Source Technologies has now placed over 800 technical consultants at more than 150 private company and public sector agency workplaces nationwide, from cutting edge digital marketing startups to global leaders in the insurance, pharmaceutical, manufacturing and supply chain industries. Most recently the company has begun helping customers leverage their SAP BPC, FICO and BI needs by providing feasibility study, solution evaluation, project scoping and planning and function and technical consulting and training.