Senior Web Designer/Developer
Plex is a media streaming company that gives people instant access to their media collections - home videos, photos, music, TV shows, and movies - so they can quickly find and stream them to any device.
We have a simple yet ambitious mission: to help people easily discover, enjoy, and share all of their media across all of their devices. We’ve made great progress towards this mission, and we have millions of happy customers, but we still have a long way to go!
What sets us apart:
- We support every major platform, including desktops, mobile devices, smart TVs, streaming devices, and gaming consoles, providing an opportunity to work across platforms and teams to push Plex forward.
- We are a distributed organization, with people making great things happen in more than 15 countries and 11 time zones.
- We are passionate about our work and we work hard, while still providing flexibility around a schedule that works for you.
- We love what we’re building and our user community is an integral part of our development process. We actively engage with customers through forums to understand what is working, what they want more of, and how we can be better.
- We ship cool stuff!
Sound interesting? We’re looking for people who are ready to push their limits and have a material impact in Plex’s growth and success.
About the role:
Plex is seeking a front-end web designer/developer who can create, manage, and analyze a variety of web initiatives within the Plex organization. You will collaborate closely with other designers, back-end developers, marketers, and writers to increase overall business goals.
Who You Are:
- Understanding of site architecture and Plex brand/design language
- Knowledge of responsive web development
- Knowledge of user interface design and development for desktop/mobile
- Knowledge of HTML email template design and development
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite: Photoshop, Illustrator or similar comping software
- Working knowledge of SASS
- Working knowledge of Github and terminal commands
- Working in a local Wordpress environment
Thorough knowledge of:
- Wordpress CMS environment
- Wordpress theme development
- Wordpress Plugin implementation and customization
- Advanced Custom Fields
- Gravity Forms
Plex is committed to building an inclusive and diverse workforce. Plex is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.