Senior UX Designer
Are you looking to transition into the VR industry? This is a great opportunity for a flexible, outside-the-box thinker who wants to come explore the wild west of virtual reality with our design-led team at Osso VR.
We’re looking for someone who can independently identify design problems to solve and craft user-centered solutions, as well as conduct their own research and usability studies.
We value diversity of thought and perspective. Women, PoC, LGBTQ+ and other underrepresented groups in tech are strongly encouraged to apply.
- User-centered first and foremost, willing to diplomatically make a case for user needs and goals
- Familiar with the landscape of VR hardware/software
- Able to show us a portfolio that demonstrates your seasoned design process
- Educated, whether that means you have a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent life experience (School of Hard Knocks)
- Proficient with Adobe Illustrator, Sketch, Principle, or other 2D prototyping tools
- Able to design and conduct user research at least somewhat independently, analyze the results and make recommendations (you will have help with this)
- Able to iterate quickly on tight deadlines and trade perfection for speed
- Autonomous and self-directed with empathetic communication skills
- OK with regularly looking at graphic depictions of surgery, whether it’s pictures, videos, or in VR
The products we make focus on direct hands-on interactions with physically realistic virtual environments. Our team is constantly sharing resources and talking about the latest VR design practices. We welcome you to share your skills and wisdom with the rest of the team, and learn from us in return.
Nice to haves:
- At least one VR project in your portfolio
- Familiarity with Unity and the concepts of 3D geometry, collision physics, meshes, textures etc
- Experience with VR prototyping, 3D modeling for VR, hand-tracked interactions etc
- Experience designing for 2D data visualization and/or analytics dashboards
- A background in healthcare, medical illustration, or any other relevant medical field
We want you to own the process of translating product strategy & user requirements into full-fledged user experiences. You’ll be designing experiences across both 2D and 3D interfaces as user needs require it.
You will be asked to document and present your designs using whatever communicates them best: flowcharts, sketches, storyboards, gifs, video clips, prototypes, pantomiming over Skype, or maybe even inventing new ways of communicating.
You will not be expected to write code or make 3D models. (Experience in those areas is welcome, but not necessary.)
- A respectable salary
- Stock options
- Health insurance (80% of your premiums are covered by us)
- Flexible work hours and location
- VR hardware and a VR-capable work computer
- Unlimited vacation/sick time
- An environment that fosters learning and growing your skills
- Career support and mentoring to write about your process and/or speak at industry events so you get credit for your hard work
We are a fully remote team distributed across three countries and five timezones. We hope that you’re comfortable working remotely for now, with the option to relocate in the future once we find a city to call home.
Please include your current resume and a link to your portfolio when applying.