Senior Infrastructure (AWS) Engineer
The main YouCanBook.me web application is supported by a dozen or so infrastructure/utility webapps and APIs. Everything is hosted on AWS (Beanstalk, RDS/Mysql/Aurora, EC2, S3, CloudFront, DynamoDB, ElastiCache, SNS, CloudWatch, IAM, Route53, Lambda).
Our configuration change management happens through CloudFormation, supported some Clojure scripts. Familiarity with Clojure would be seen as plus, but any candidate would need to demonstrate the ability to pick up an unfamiliar language/technology and get up-to-speed enough to manage/debug the existing scripts.
You will be joining a core team of three full time developers (one in the UK, two in Spain), supported by one or two contractors.
Skills & Requirements
- Deep familiarity with AWS systems
- Experience in operational support of a SaaS project
- At least 6 years supporting linux based systems
- Experience of managing clusters of servers (e.g. via Puppet, Docker, or similar technology)
- Linux operating system in general, bash etc.
- Distributed cache management (Redis / Elasticache)
- Database, e.g. master/slave set ups (mysql/RDS experience and some DBA skills a bonus)
- Application server provision (tomcat a bonus)
- Automated release and build processes; continuous integration, automatic integration testing
- Cloud computing, from conceptual as a well as practical perspectives
- Load balancing
- Complex DNS management
- Penetration testing and security risk assessment
- Server application monitoring (e.g. CloudWatch, Munin, NewRelic or similar)
About YouCanBook.me - We are flexible, family friendly and have team members all over the world.
Even though the product has grown over the years, we're still a small and dedicated team who love solving scheduling problems all over the world. We're proud to remain a privately owned, revenue-funded company - solvent, stable and a safe pair of hands.
We are building a company which puts work/life balance at the heart of how we get work done, enjoy life, and achieve our goals. We don't believe in over-working, we do believe in performance and culture.
Our company has been named one of the top performing UK tech companies by G2 Crowd. We recently sponsored SaaStock Conference in Dublin to reach out to our main customer base - tech companies working on cloud tools. We're sponsoring the upcoming SupConf 2017 in Atlanta.
How to Apply
apply via our jobs page: https://youcanbook.me/jobs/