Senior Ruby Engineer (UTC-1 to UTC+3)
The role :
Engineers at Kyero.com are constantly pushing themselves to greater heights and redefining what is possible from a small team of passionate individuals.
They share some lofty business goals that will be achieved through well defined processes and automation but most significantly, through creativity and remarkable performances from a highly collaborative team.
We believe that happiness and productivity form a virtuous feedback loop that can be optimised for the benefit of all. We do this continuously and enthusiastically!
You will be working in the engineering team on a number of Rails and plain Ruby apps with an sharp eye on performance and scalability.
What we are looking for:
- You have in-depth knowledge of "plain old Ruby" and you know when *not* to use a feature built into Rails.
- You check your ego at the door and enjoy receiving feedback as a way to learn and grow. You help others do this as much as possible.
- You geek out about testing, code reviews, continuous deployment and pairing as they are guarantors of quality and shared knowledge.
- Squeezing out those last few milliseconds of performance is a sign of a job well done.
- You enjoy shipping code every day.
What your day will look like:
- Quick catch up with the team to sync up and refresh your vision of the big picture.
- Review a team mate's pull request and provide constructive feedback for them to improve their code.
- Head down and deep dive into a complex problem, trying to find the most elegant solution.
- 5+ years of experience working as a Senior Ruby Engineer.
- Expert level Ruby and Rails.
- In depth knowledge of design patterns and when to apply them (or not).
- An understanding of what it takes to run and scale a high throughput production site in terms of cacheing, queuing and messaging.
- A good sense of humour or the ability to communicate one via emoji.
- Curiosity and an eagerness to learn new skills.
- To be geographically situated in a time zone between UTC-1 and UTC+3.
- Team player with clear communication skills.
- To be comfortable and productive working 100% remotely.
Optional, but a major plus:
- You speak great English and another language fluently.
- Using Docker in a development environment.
- Fullstack experience, React.js is a major plus.
- Ability to so some basic devops on our Heroku stack.
- Experience with SOA and its advantages/constraints.
- Beautiful code is like Mozart to you.
We are a completely remote team. That means we have a large amount of trust and a lot of flexibility. Travellers and explorers, young parents, nature lovers, and commute avoiders love working here. We are a collective of like minded people spread out through many countries, and our global perspective shapes our every move.
You will work together on a dedicated team with your eye on the finish line. Our teams are nimble and agile, and cover the technical range you would expect in world class product delivery teams.
We believe in learning and provide unique programs that improve your tech skills, leadership skills and even challenge you in personal development.