Software Developer - AR
Are you interested in mapping the inside of every building on the planet? So are we!
LocusLabs (www.locuslabs.com) is a venture backed San Francisco based startup focused on indoor mapping and location services. After gaining significant traction in the travel industry providing interactive maps of the world's largest airports to several marquee customers, we are now setting our sights on the rest of the planet.
We are looking to hire a developer to bring our indoor location data to the next level through a series of augmented reality iniatives. These projects will involve taking our 2D and 3D datasets providing innovative user experiences by leveraging indoor positioning technologies and other forms of sensor fusion. The initial projects will be iOS based, but will likely involve our other platforms in the future.
Are you a passionate engineer who likes working on cutting edge technology in a fast paced startup environment? Does the prospect of being able to learn a multitude of new technologies, languages and platforms excite you? Do you work well on a team and have excellent verbal and written communication skills?
If you said yes to one or more of those, we want you on our team!
This full-time position can either be at our office in San Francisco or remote from the South Bay, Seattle, Dallas or London.
- Member of a very experienced engineering team in an exciting startup environment
- Define / design / implement AR features for a customer facing iOS SDK
- Interact with product team to scope and prioritize features
- Support customers to quickly solve integration and end-user issues
Skills & requirements
- BS or higher in CS or similar field
- 3+ years professional development experience
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to overcome obstacles autonomously, self-motivated, “get it done” attitude
- Open to learning new languages and platforms
- Ideal candidate would have experience with the following:
- iOS: Objective-C / Swift
- Android: Java
- Image Processing
- Computer Vision
- Sensor Fusion / Positioning
- AWS - S3 / CloudFront / Lambda / EC2
LocusLabs provides the platform and tools that enable apps to be location-aware on a micro level.
LocusLabs is going a level deeper than existing mapping solutions. We are mapping not only places, but people, products and things using technology that scales. We take painstaking effort to ensure we are creating an indoor location experience that is actually useful to people - not just a set of app features.
We build maps that matter.