Lead Software Engineer (US-only)
AEG - Application Engineering Group
Serves as expert technical and industry resource to management, clients and development staff in new uses of information technology in all phases of major system and subsystem development.
Provides consultation on internal and industry IT technical and business domain process capabilities including leadership in the identification and recommendation of new IT opportunities and business operations as it relates to application development.
Formulates, contributes to, and directs task identification, work effort estimates, and work schedules for research, prototype, and proof-of-concept IT activities.
Directs and participates in all aspects of development tasks including data management, application architecture and business architecture.
Provides guidance to staff on complex assignments and mentors on new technologies.
- work with IT Architects and IT Analysts to break down a complex system into smaller components and coach/lead a team of software engineers to design and develop these components
- functions as primary ""practitioner coach"" on the team to grow the capabilities of other engineers on the team
- integrate systems to databases and other applications using middleware such as SnapLogic, REST based services, etc.
- understand the relationship between applications and infrastructure
- be a leader in the developer community within Magellan and performs demo, knowledge sharing sessions
- write technical blogs and be active in Open Source Community
Agile, DevOPS and Cloud:
- Is an expert at automated testing strategies, including TDD and ATDD
- works on Agile software development projects
- understand advanced concepts of Containers, Micro-Services, Continuous Integration
- ability identify and track key metrics produced by the application
- perform load and performance testing on the applications and have advanced troubleshooting ability to tune the application to scale
Remote Work From Home position anywhere USA, or onsite in Glen Allen, VA.
3-6 month Right-to Hire. Green Card or US Citizen.
4 years related experience including a minimum of 2 years designing, building and deploying software in IT
Bachelor's degree required.
Preferred Qualifications :
1. Critical Thinking
2. Problem Solving Techniques
3. Strong Communication Skills