PHP Back-end Developer - Integrations Specialist (US-only)
This is a 100% remote position. We prefer to hire people from Europe and Asia because of team collaboration, all of our current dev team is in Asia or Europe and so it is unlikely (although not impossible) that we will hire in north or south america.
You will be working from home with mostly flexible hours although you will need to attend the team meeting which is at approximately 8:30am GMT and to work for 3 hours after this time for team collaboration (This is 3:30am to 6:30am New York time, so you can see that’s the reason we are not likely to hire in north, central or south america).
WHAT YOU WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR
You will be working in a team of around 10 other developers. You primary areas of work will be:
- Building and maintaining external integrations with partners through different communication protocols - REST / SOAP etc …
- Integrations with Zapier
- Working on queue management back-end solutions helping these integrations to operate properly
- Working on developing back-end modules / services part of the whole product infrastructure
- Working with databases with millions of records and hundreds of thousands of requests per day.
- You are going to get involved into continuous integration processes, different branching models for version control and strict coding standards.
- Work on highly scalable cloud infrastructure including multiple instances connected by load balancers for traffic distribution
TO BE A BEST FIT FOR THIS JOB YOU NEED TO:
- You need to be an expert in PHP at least 5+ years. Expert means that you have solid experience in building web based applications with high level of abstraction
- You need to be an expert in External API Integrations and have a quick understanding how an integration can be done - REST / SOAP
- You have a good experience in MVC frameworks
- You have a good experience with Symfony Framework
- You have a good experience of building DDD oriented architecture
- You have a solid experience in code optimization and performance improvements
- You know how the core of MySQL is working, make decisions about the storage engines, database structure and scalability of the database
- You know how to optimize database performance
- You can solve complex bugs often quite quickly
- You always document your code on a good level
- You have a good understanding and experience with MongoDB or other noSQL databases
- You know what is continous integration and how it works
- Experience or knowledge how Amazon services like EC2, RDS, CloudFront work is a plus
To apply for this job:
Send your updated resume and a cover letter with your answer to these two questions.
Q1) What is persistent cookie?
Answer a) Cookie which is stored in a cookie file permanently on the browser
Answer b) Cookie which is stored in a cookie file permanently on the file server
Answer c) Cookie which is more secured than a regular cookie
Q2) When passing objects are they passed by value OR by reference?
Answer a) They are passed by Reference
Answer b) They are passed by Value
Answer c) Can be done in both ways
NOTE: ONLY those with cover letter , answers to the two questions and resume will be accepted.
ABOUT OUR COMPANY AND PRODUCT
Time Doctor is a time tracking and productivity tool. Our software can be used by an individual or a team to track time for tasks and monitor computer activity, such as taking screenshots while you’re working, monitor keyboard and mouse activity and track web app and website usage.
We have a team of over 65 people working 100% remotely in 8 different countries. More about us here: